Sunday, March 22, 2009

New site in production

I am working on some web design comps for a new client.

This is a fun project, as I am going back to the old school!


One of my first jobs in Florida, you know day job- was at Kinkos.

What a great place to make rave flyers, and of course they used to have those phones, you could use for free back in the pager days.

Anyhow! I remember working in the Business Printing Department. I used to design business cards for people. And I am going back to what I learned there with regards to how I am making designs for clients now.

You see as in this example: Budgeting Solutions As you can see on every link/ page tab on that site, it is a different design. 

What I did here differently is that first I made the client a business card, as for many people that is how they think about their company. The business card itself is the look and feel of the company, and important as to how they present it to the public, and on the net.

If you have ever seen the movie American Psycho with Christian Bale now famous for his temper and Batman Movies, you will remember the scene where they compare business cards, in the lobby of the restaurant where the business execs would meet.  Oh how Christian coveted Lewis' card!

So the point is- I am making a website based on the business card first. This is how I used to design, and I am seeing how it can speed up the production process for designing, and it also makes the whole process more complete and well rounded.

Just click on the links and see! Each page comp has a business card on it, with some generic copy, but the site design matches the card, so the client can see the card and site, and pick what they love for both!

No comments:

Post a Comment